Reviewed By: Tony Hall, Editorial Director, Asia Pacific, Travel Daily Media
7 Staghorn Ave, Gold Coast QLD 4217 Australia
Tel: (61 7) 5584 1200
If you are after a funky, fun and vibrant hotel close to the beach and action of Surfers Paradise then QT is one of the best on the Glitter Strip.
Perfect for couples, executives and families, QT manages to combine retro surf cool with excellent dining options, amazing views and friendly yet casual service.
The property offers 297 modern guest rooms, sleek designer bathrooms, custom design features and a relaxed beachside. Despite the building’s age, the QT team have managed to create a retro yet modern feel in compact yet functional rooms. Rooms come complete with eclectic touches such as cockatoo lamps, lemonade making kits, funky lamps, Nespresso coffee machine and a huge selection of amenities in the mini bar. Nowhere in the world will you find pick-up sticks, an underwater camera, thongs/flip flops or an emergency bow tie for in-room purchase alongside a large range of drinks and snacks at very reasonable prices.
QT’s Bazaar restaurant is perhaps the best breakfast and dinner buffet anywhere on the Gold Coast and would certainly rank high on the best buffets in Australia. Guest rave about the huge selection of foods from around the globe with Trip Advisor reviews always mentioning Bazaar as a highlight. Equally as good is the Baja-California style Stingray Bar and the newly re-launched Yamagen Japanese restaurant which is as good as any Japanese eatery in Australia (or Japan for that matter). Yamagen serves very high-quality food and a very impressive list of sake and Japanese whiskeys. In-room dining is another strength of QT – a large range of quality international dishes without the usual inflated hotel room service prices.
Business Facilities & Meetings/Events
QT has a wide range of meeting spaces ranging from poolside parties to a very large ballroom. These areas are perfect for corporate or social events, weddings and celebrations of all types. The hotel has a business centre and much appreciated free wi-fi which tested at a very fast (for Australia) 30 MBPS upload and download.
QT has an outdoor pool, spa, tennis courts, guest parking (small fee) and free use of retro bicycles.
– Brilliant retro beach theme with stunning ocean, mountain or river views
– Perhaps the best breakfast and dinner buffet in Queensland
– Well fitted out rooms with comfortable beds and thoughtful amenities
– A location right near the beach and a short walk to Surfers Paradise
– Free and very fast Wi-Fi
– Nicely appointed spaQ
– Many good value package deals including room and meals
– Lemonade and Ice Tea stand at reception
– Gym and pool well maintained
– Speedy, friendly and efficient check in – check out at reception
– The Gold Coast’s most entertaining and best value beachside hotels with some of the best eating options of any hotel on the strip.
Trip Advisor 4.5
Tony Hall 4.5